- Maximum Term, Part Time - until December 2021
- 32 hours per week - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Barrack Heights Community Preschool 0-5
Big Fat Smile is a values-led organisation. Its vision is that we enrich the lives and minds of children and families in their community. Our values are Inclusion, Integrity, Safety, Child-centric, Collaboration and Leadership.
We are a not for profit, community owned, non government organisation which provides high quality care and education for children, national and state wide inclusion services as part of a National Consortia and operate many community based services to children and families. These include transition to school and supported playgroups.
Big Fat Smile is a child safe organisation, committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of children entrusted to our care. We demonstrate this commitment through embedding of the Child Safe Standards in culture, policies, procedures and practice. Big Fat smile has a zero tolerance for child abuse and harm and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated seriously and acted upon.
- 3 of 4 year degree in Early Childhood Education, recognised by ACECQA
- BOSTES/NESA registration
- Outstanding skills in communication with families and the community
- Demonstrated skills in team building and modeling effective early childhood practice
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and management
- Demonstrated thorough working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Evidence of commitment to an inclusive curriculum
- A good level of physical fitness
- Knowledge of EEO practices, WHS policies and Environmental Sustainability principles and procedures and the National Quality Standard
- Maintain a valid paid Working with Children Check through the Office of the Children's Guardian
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Identify and Respond to Children at Risk certificate (desirable)
- Commitment to inclusive practices and child protection
- Ability to adhere to all Big Fat Smile policies and procedure
- A cover letter, addressing the Selection Criteria and your motivation for applying
- A current resume
- A copy of your Working with Children Check and any relevant qualifications